Wednesday 12 December 2012

What Love taught me..


5 years in Pune has bought a tremendous change in me. This city has changed my thinking, my perceptions, my views and to some extent it has touched my life in many significant ways. Pune has given me the best and the worst to cope. It is in this city that I fell in love for the first time and this thing called LOVE taught me a few things about life and myself. It has not been a very pleasant experience but love helped me to know myself better and I am grateful.
It is possible to love someone who doesn’t love you back. It is painful and makes you sick. It makes you feel incomplete. But its very much there. Unrequited love is one of the most strongest yet the most painful forms of love I have known.
I have always been told that I have to love myself before letting anybody love. But I don’t agree with this notion. There are times when I hated myself beyond anything and there was still someone who loved me in spite of that. But it’s not healthy. Its not the best kind of love I feel.
Love is like a drug. Its a fixation. A fixation burrows into your heart and mind. Its stubborn and won’t give you peace and Love is the worst kind of fixation.
Its painful to have loved someone once and never again. Sometimes you regret it and wish that it never happened.
One of the most important things love taught me was that you can never love someone quite the same way you did the first time. For me that is a painful thought and something that I have to live with for the rest of my life.
Its a beautiful feeling when you realize that you are worth loving.
Sex and love should never be confused. Sometimes sex just brings out the weaknesses in the relationship.
Someone you love may betray you. Its the law of life and everyone has to go through it.
You cannot force yourself to love someone. If it’s not there it’s not going to happen.
Love is not always exciting. It can be felt subtly on a lazy Sunday afternoon when you are sitting with someone silently. You look around for  a second and realize that you can never feel safer or happier anywhere else.
Everyone wants to be loved. Everyone wants to feel wanted and relied upon. For most people its like Achilles heel. I am no exception.
Finding love is the most conscious motivator for a lot of things we all do. Love is the reason why we work out. Love is the reason why we want to look good, no matter what. Its why we talk to strangers in the first place.
If you love someone today there is a chance that you might hate that person someday. Yes it happens.
There will always be that one person who will stick in your mind. They will feel like a perpetual ache in your heart.
Love will bring out the best and the worst version of yourself.
Love is the reason why we are all here.

4 comments:

  1. To write on love with such deep understanding of self and keeping a philosophy of life in it...lovely experience !!! Fast packed world never worries about relationships. Those who feel the 'sweet pain' for the moment or get hurt for the life time, wonder why are they like that n why 'me'? or how lucky I m! kinda feelings...!!! Your writing speaks with a free and unique way! Waiting for more writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete